Just a quick note on iTunes Producer use.
- Log in with the client account – not your own!
- Have a copy of the book cover ready – 1440px on the shortest side. Note: landscape vs portrait – it’s not clear yet. I’ve just tried landscape, and will report back how that goes.
- Get ready with your categories: Pick BISAC then drill down to where you want to be placed in the catalogue.
- Have a description ready, and the page count.
- Have the .epub, or .ibooks file(s) ready – you’ll need a sample file too! 10% of the book is fair.
- Know your prices – this is where you’ll be able to set it for all territories. I picked everything (DRM free) and set the price for my UK value (£2.99) which worked out as $4.49. You also have to set a print book price: this is compulsory, so I picked £11.99 (even though there isn’t a print book).
That’s it. Pretty easy. I’ll feedback later as to how the upload and position in the store fares.