Here is a collection of creative assets to support my Writing for New Media portfolio.
Note: if the animations do not appear to be moving, this is a caching issue of your browser. Please click on the images and view full size.
The Writing Platform event video.
During the event, I captured audio recordings of attendees and posed them the question, What is your digital takeaway from today? After the event, I created a twitter hashtag of #lastwordsfrom and sent out the tweets of the attendees comments.
The answers and tweets were edited in with a slideshow from photographs found on-line of the event and can be seen here:
I used this event as a test bed for my assignment and noted the following problems:
- video compression – pixelating my images and screengrabs, eg: tweets.
- missing transitions from the timeline
- copyright permissions not sought from the photographers
- the question wasn’t captured in the audio recordings
- not enough audio responses captured
- slow turnaround time for video production.
With all these points noted, I shall explore ways of making the process smoother in future.