It is likely that the modern writer will want to:
– publish through amazon. The software should indicate where the 10% line falls in the text – as this is the sample cut-off point.
– write in Markdown. This will enable ebook ready text, quickly.
– rearrange their words. Please make this very easy.
– work with multiple texts. Allow them to import docs and group them accordingly.
– export their work to somewhere safe. Dropbox is perfect.
– word counts
– syntax identifiers and options.
Things a writer does not need:
– Fonts. Just a few simple options is enough.
– formatting tools
– ‘how long it takes to read this’ counters.
– lots of file format saving and importing options: txt and .md is fine.
– colours. Nothing in writing needs colour options, ever.
– images. Writers don’t need them – imagery is someone else’s job.
That’ll do for now. I will have more, eventually.